Wednesday, July 29, 2009

39 Weeks 4 Days Today

On Friday (7/24), I went to the doctor’s office to be checked. I didn’t have an appt., but had been having some contractions and followed the advice of a friend and went to be checked. I was 2 cm dilated and 60% effaced (I was 1 cm, 60% effaced 2 1/2 weeks before this.) . He said he wouldn’t be surprised if I didn’t make it to my appt. on Wed. (today). He went so far as to tell me who was on call last weekend should anything happen. I told him he was just trying to get my hopes up. He says he thinks my body is at least getting ready since I am having all the symptoms that I am. I am very excited that my body is doing something and not just sitting there!!! I think the doc said that he felt Caroline’s head too, which is a great sign! The reason I said, “I think” is because I remember him saying something about her head, but I was just in such a fog that I don’t remember what he specifically said. I’m pretty sure that’s what it was though. When the doc was leaving, he said, “IF, I see you on Weds., we will be talking about having a baby!” I said, “The next day because that’s the day you are on call, right?” He said, “Right!” So, that brings everyone up to date on where I was when I went into my appt. today.

So, I had my appt. today. I could tell that it had already been a crazy day for the doc and the nurse told me that it had started with someone coming into the office that was in labor. So, anyway, he didn’t come in to see me until about 45-50 minutes after my appt. was scheduled. He checked me and I was 2 ½ cm, 80% effaced and -2 station. I am so, so glad that I am progressing! That is such a blessing! I really didn’t want to be one of those moms that goes way over their due date and still doesn’t do anything on their own. No worries there! So, the doc said, “How do you feel about having a baby tomorrow?” David and I both said, at the same time, “Sounds good to us!”. So, he called labor and delivery and set me up to come in and deliver tomorrow. I am supposed to call around 6 am and see if they have room and if they do, come in about 7 am. If they don’t have room, they will keep in touch with me throughout the day and will bring me in when they can. So, it looks like Caroline will be coming to see us tomorrow!!! I really can’t believe it is here. I am really having a baby. ME? Really? WOW!

David and I will try to update everyone via Facebook tomorrow. We are supposed to be able to access the WIFI at the hospital, so we should be able to update, but if we can’t, we’ll get the word out somehow. I guess that’s it for now. I really can’t believe this is happening!!!


Abby said...

YAY!!!!! I can't wait to see her!!!