Friday, July 22, 2011

Abigail Update

My pregnancy is almost over. I am 39 weeks, 2 days today!

Abigail Kathleen Stanford will be here very soon! YAY!


This pregnancy has been very smooth. I did get a little sick in the beginning, but I never threw up. I haven't had any issues at all! It has been such a blessing!




Here is my dilation progress so far:


On Friday, July 8th (37 weeks, 2 days), I started having contractions. They were coming 3-4 minutes apart and even though they were VERY painful, I didn't think I was in labor just yet. So, I layed down on my left side, drank some water and they subsided.


The following Wednesday, July 13th (38 Weeks), the doctor checked me for the first time. I was nearly 2 cm dilated and 50% effaced. Progressing nicely!


Tuesday, July 19th (38 Weeks, 6 days) the doctor checked me again. He asked me if I had had any more contractions and to his surprise, I said, "No". I've been surprised too, but I still haven't had any more. So, this day I was 2 1/2 cm dilated, 70% effaced and at -2 station. My body is definitely getting ready, but who knows when she is going to come! Because I am progressing so well and Dr. Van Zant won't be in town all next week (SAD!), he offered to induce me on Wednesday, July 20th. But, even though, I REALLY want him to deliver Abigail, we decided to wait for natural labor. I also REALLY want to go into labor on my own! We'll see what happens!


Abigail is currently moving all around in my womb. Maybe she's trying to figure out how to get out. She'll figure out soon enough!

0 comments: